Help

Second Grade

Evaluations

>

choochie61

Evaluations
Old 05-29-2013, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone dislike writing their own teacher evaluation as much as I do? I can never put my own accomplishments down on paper. Hard for me to write about myself. It's due and I've procrastinated as long as I can. Just venting....Thanks for listening.

choochie61 is offline   Reply With Quote

LoriVincent

Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My teaching partner and I share with each other what we've observed about each other. We recognize each other's strengths. This helps guide us
LoriVincent is offline   Reply With Quote

smartgal33

Lucky You
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We've adopted the Charlie Danielson evaluation system and boy can I tell you, I'd much rather write my own evaluation! I sure do miss the days when my former principal would call me in his office and ask "what are your 3 strengths?" "What are your 3 areas that need improvement?" "Sign here!"

The process is so long and has so many steps and has made most of my colleagues and I a total wreck! Pre conference (fill out a form that includes common core standards, objectives, sped accommodations, learning outcomes), 45 minute observation where the admin team types in everything you do/say and everything the students do/say, post conference (fill out a form your opinions about the objectives met etc), then finally meet to receive your ratings!

I came out smelling like a rose this year but it wasn't easy!
smartgal33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Bee

Danielson Model
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We're also adopting the Danielson Model. I've been out of the classroom since March on medical leave and then I volunteered to switch teaching from 3rd to 2nd grade next year.

With so much resting on high stakes it's a wonder any of us keep our jobs. My biggest weakness is that I hate paperwork. The district is having some informational meetings about this, which means there's a lot involved.

I sure do wish I could come up with something called the "Mrs. Bee Model" and make lots of money. But then I'd be out of the classroom.

I'd be interested to hear more on the Danielson Model....
Mrs. Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

choochie61

eval
Old 06-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Never knew that it had a name but this Danielson evaluation is what is used for our observations...two a year. We do all of the things that you have mentioned. Our principal also has a rubric sheet that he fills in as to your level of competency is teaching the lesson.
Our year end evaluation then is a 3 page form where we list our strengths, weaknesses, goals and accomplishments, give ourselves a 1 to 4 in 4 or 5 different areas, mark our attendance for the year and then write a comment if we choose. The principal then rates us where he thinks that we are in the 1 to 4 category and writes his own comment.
It is an awful lot of work!
And yes....we are a wreck until the observation is over! Done for this year...Sept here we come! Everyone enjoy your summers

choochie61 is offline   Reply With Quote