Help

BusyBoard

2nd grade science, class changing

>

LJteach

2nd grade science, class changing
Old 08-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a new second grade teacher and am filling a leave for the year. This is the first year the second grade is changing classes for reading, math and science. I am teaching science. I have three blocks that last an hour and a half each. In two of my blocks I have children being pulled for intervention at random times, so they will be coming in and out about every thirty minutes. I have no idea how im going to teach a lesson if I have children coming in at random times!! Some kids are staying the full block, some thirty minutes and some for an hour. I thought about having stations but I have no idea how to teach a concept when some kids may come in after I've been teaching for thirty minutes or an hour. Any ideas/suggestions? Help!!!

LJteach is offline   Reply With Quote

lionessmess

I would....
Old 08-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would teach in small groups if you can. Maybe do 3 - 30 minute rotations.

Have one group do vocabulary work -
Maybe one group reads the textbook - and answers questions
The group with you -does the experiment/observes experiment and gets direct teach.

The kids that are out a lot, will get the direct teach, but will miss the other stations - but hey, at least they will get the lesson!

You could do that, or you could teach normally, and then the last little bit you could send the others to stations, and reteach with the kids who were out!

That is a very difficult situation, I don't know what I would do!
lionessmess is offline   Reply With Quote