Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

prestudent teaching cooperating/teach worries

>

molkat

prestudent teaching cooperating/teach worries
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I just completed my pre-student teaching assignment in a third grade class. I went to the school two days a week for six weeks. I loved it and learned a lot! This was my first experience ever teaching, and I feel that I did a good job. (However I need to work on my classroom management) My cooperating teacher suggested that I receive a B+ for my final grade. I know this is good but, I have received an A in all of my elementary courses. I feel that because I worked so hard, improved, and learned a lot that I deserve an A. Do you think that there is a chance that I could still pull of an A, because of my supervisors in put. Please remember that this was my very first teaching experience. Next semester I will be doing my pre-student special education teaching and the semester after that I will be doing my student teaching. Thank you!

molkat is offline   Reply With Quote

ktn85

Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, I think you could still receive an A because in the end it is your professor who gives you the grade. They are not looking for perfection and I think cooperating teachers have much higher expectations than professors. Last semester I was a jp (junior participant) in a first grade class and the teacher gave me pretty average evaluations although I worked my butt off and felt the same way-that I improved. In the end my professor gave me an A, because ultimately it was her decision... Good luck!
ktn85 is offline   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 03-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

wow, a little shocked the cooperating teacher gives you a grade for it! The grade should come from the university supervisor, in my opinion! I'm sorry that happened! Teaching is like an art, and you will continually grow on a continuum for years to come.......not just this year......and the cooperating teacher should understand that. I am in my 6th year of teaching and still growing as a teacher.....I don't think it ever stops!

Good luck to you!!
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote