Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Aloha themers!

>

IndyRae

Aloha themers!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For the 2010-11 school year, I have decided to decorate using the tropical island theme. I am also planning on incoporated the survivor theme/challenges.

If you have come across any ideas or have attachments/ideas for this theme, I'd love to hear from you!

I have went all out with the sports and hollywood/movie themes. Let me know if you need any ideas for either of those.

TIA!!!

IndyRae is offline   Reply With Quote

kckrzy

Old 04-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a tropical/beach theme a couple years ago. The big hit was putting a grass skirt around my desk! The kids, teachers, and parents loved it. Ended up leaving it up all year. You can get table grass skirts from Oriental Trading Company. I got tropical shirts notepads and used them for name tags. Made palm trees that went floor to ceiling beside my closet doors. I found flip flop Valentines from Current and used them for my helper board. Bright designs and words were on the back so they were perfect. For the background I used sand scrapbook paper and it made a cool display. The frog in a weather bb calendar set has a tropical shirt and flip flops so used that outside my door. I had a 3D sun that I used for a bb for displaying kids papers. Think the title was Hot work or bright students. I think Current has some surfboard Valentines out now that would be fun for name tags.

Didn't do the survivor theme part but that sounds fun. Let us know how it turns out.
kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

eduk8ur

Dollar tree
Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

DOLLAR TREE has TONS of tropical/beach themed stuff.
eduk8ur is offline   Reply With Quote

IndyRae

Wow
Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

just went over there and spent $40. Thanks. What great finds!

SusanTeach

sunglasses
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

One year I had cheap sunglasses hotglued on my door and each pair had a child's name on it (I used a paint pen to write the name). Then I had a giant pair at the top with my name on it. The title was "bright 3rd graders enter here". It would go along with a tropical theme and was really cute.

You could also give each child a lei as they enter the room, with their name tag on it. It would be a great way to learn their names and they could leave them on their desks at the end of the day. That way you could keep reusing them until you learned their names. Make it a "test" for you - that you have to learn them by the end of the week and then the kids can take the leis home.

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

IndyRae

Great ideas...
Old 04-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I bought 5 pairs of the jumbo sunglasses at the Dollar Tree today so I could use your "bright" idea. Also, I did in fact purchase leis for every student. I love your idea of how to use them. I will definitely do that. How fun!

Thanks