Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Arcade Theme for 4th Grade Classroom!

>

NewTeacher08

Arcade Theme for 4th Grade Classroom!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My teaching partner wants to re-do her room for next year. She is thinking about an arcade theme, which I love. However, we are having a tough time thinking of things!

I told her bright colors are a must! I also found some mini kooshy balls in neon colors to outline her bulletin boards with along with mini neon spinning tops. We got some really cute crazy looking birthday hats to attach to the boards too.

Any other ideas would be so much appreciated - from decorations/props to logos!

Thank you!!!

NewTeacher08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Smoders

just an idea...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think what is hard about this idea is that it is so broad. I was at first just thinking of pinball machines, but then I realized that "arcade" is hundreds of different games.

Some random thoughts--perhaps they may lead to better thoughts:

Each student desk can be decorated on all sides as a different arcade game (of their choice which they design??). Small flashing lights that don't shine brightly so as not to distract. Basketball hoop and nerf basketball. My favorite game is skeeball but I can't come up with a classroom idea with that. Points/scoreboard for classroom behavior. Every arcade game will give a player some many "lives"--you can have some sort of "lives" for the class which reinforces student behavior. Tokens for classroom behavior, with a store for students to purchase a gift with their tokens earned (like what Chuck E Cheese does). Bonus rounds. Initials for high scores. Learning centers can look like arcade games made with cardboard walls, students earn tokens to do a center and slip token into slot, then post initials with score. For classroom debates or classroom oral quizzes you can throw a nerf object at a student and in order for them to get the point they answer then throw back/or to another student kinda like a pong theme. Record a very cheesy arcade-sounding theme song and play this when the game starts.

If you can get very specific, you can make a bulletin board that looks like the pacman game or frogger and each student moves their pacman/frog depending on their behavior or learning goal reached.
Smoders is offline   Reply With Quote