Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Zebra theme??

>

k_teacher166

Zebra theme??
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really want to use the colors pink, lime green and black/white zebra stripes. I have two problems...our u-shaped tables are primary colored as well as my large rug. Also, the only "theme" I can think of to use with this is a jungle/safari theme which one of my fellow k teachers already uses... I thought about doing owls but just don't think I could tie it in at all with those colors. Any ideas???

k_teacher166 is offline   Reply With Quote

andreea75

Zebra
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can totally do it! That was my 'theme' last year. Basically I just called it my color scheme. I picked one brand for black and white zebra border (there were several brands and they all looked different) and I only used the fadeless Nile green, magenta and bright blue to cover boards. It tied all of the wall together. My primary carpet seemed minimal. Had zebra Punch out letters, plain white calendar w zebra months and dates. Job board was titled A Herd of Help, zebra themed clip chart. I've been collecting bright blue and bright green containers for quite a while bc I used to do a bug/garden theme w blue and green as my colors so those fit in nicely. My teacher store even has zebra bordered chart paper, anchor charts looked GREAT on it but it was about $15 so it was a splurge!
So if you think of it as a zebra print color scheme it helps your room come together. It will be bright and fun w the colors you picked!
andreea75 is offline   Reply With Quote

jvar87

Old 07-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't have any suggestions regarding the tables, but I use the same colors in my room...maybe this border will help you.

http://products.unbeatablesale.com/f...1012073126.php
jvar87 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissV

This teacher blog is pretty awesome!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I say go for it! This teacher has great ideas, and happens to have a zebra theme as well.
http://flipflopteacher.blogspot.com/
MissV is offline   Reply With Quote