Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Peace/Groovy Theme

>

buggy2teach

Peace/Groovy Theme
Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to do a Peace/Groovy theme this year but I am having a hard time finding stuff. I have ordered some stuff from Trend and Carson Dellosa but I want some more ideas. Does anyone know of any good web sties where I can get ideas? I am also looking for clip art. Has anyone does this theme and willing to share their ideas? I am also looking for some ideas for my clip chart. Thanks in advance!

buggy2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

jan2nd grade

Clip Art
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thistle Girl designs has a set, very cute of clip art....costly though,
jan2nd grade is offline   Reply With Quote

3boys:)

Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They have some stuff at Target that I bought last year and this year. Also, teacherspayteachers website has a lot of posters, behavior management (clip chart), newsletters, etc. with this theme.
One of the things I ended up doing as well is just made it really colorful along with the peace/groovy. I also use the colorful letters with all the designs and incorporate flowers as well. So the peace/groovy is not overpowering.
Oriental Trading Company has some stuff that I bought. Party plates that I used on my bulletin board and window display and a banner.

This is my classroom from last year. I am not changing much. Trend and Carson Dellosa have a lot more stuff now than when I started this theme two years ago.
http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/GatorEducator/

This is a website that I bought several items from: http://www.teachersclubhouse.com/retro.htm

clipart:
http://www.homemade-preschool.com/Pe...n-Clipart.html

Last edited by 3boys:); 07-18-2012 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: additional info
3boys:) is offline   Reply With Quote

wiggytails

I am doing this theme also.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am working on my room and will post pictures at the end of next week. I am almost done...waiting on student names etc... I try to pick different themes and by the time I pick them they are popular. Happens everytime....hahaha That being said. I picked this theme two years ago when I started doing Monsters and began saving, finding, making, begging, etc... I found much of my decorations for clipart from Scrappindoodles, because Thistle Girl is very costly. I did buy a few things from Teachers Pay Teachers. With the scrappindoodles clipart, I just used Printshop to make big hippie people, peace signs, lava lamps, etc.. I LOVE THEM!!!
Then I noticed last year they even have bulletin board sets (Carson-Dellosa)... another company has a Peace/Groovy themed border and cutouts called Jazzy Jean pockets, Super Groovy. It takes some time to find "enough" things to make it a theme for my liking so I start early! I wish you luck! I am loving this theme so far.
wiggytails is offline   Reply With Quote

buggy2teach

Peace Theme
Old 07-22-2012, 11:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I cannot wait to see your pictures!

buggy2teach is offline   Reply With Quote