Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Same theme?

>

tatasurvivor

Same theme?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you keep the same theme all year? I'm using Beach Theme this year and was wondering if I would get sick of it when it's winter time.

tatasurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote

Century46

All Systems Go
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We are continuous calendar with three week breaks, so we have a new theme (based on science/social studies) for each trimester. THis is part of a two year rotation under the overarching theme of All Systems Go:

4th grade

Trimester 1 -- Pushin' & Pullin' (Electricity and Motion/Design)
Trimester 2 -- Slippin' & Slidin' (Land and Water/Geography, Indiana History)
Trimester 3 -- Stayin' Alive (Ecosystems)

5th grade:

Trimester 1 -- Floatin' and Sinkin' (bouyancy, density and Explorers/Native Americans)
Trimester 2 -- Comin' to America (colonies/Revolution)
Trimester 3 -- Blastin' Off (Space Exploration/ Founding Documents/Economics)
Century46 is offline   Reply With Quote

sjumper

Jungle theme here!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I keep the same theme all year long. I have had this theme for a few years but always change it up a bit from year to year.
sjumper is offline   Reply With Quote

melonjar

themes
Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi. I teach 4th grade too. I keep the same theme throughout the whole year. For the past two years I have done a monster theme. My themes are pretty light. I do a monster welcome board, have monsters reading books around my reading center, and students keep track of their AR points with "Eye" am a Monster Reader (they create monsters with bodies, decorations, arms and legs. They receive an eyeball sticker for AR points earned so their monsters become multi-eye monsters by the end of the year). Other than that I have other decorations focused on motivation, encouragement etc. using stick kids. I had thought about using a beach theme this year too! With a welcome board with fish, seashells and such. Not sure I want to buy new yet, but I'm kinda ready for something new even though monsters would be new to my new class. Good luck. I'd love to hear your ideas for a beach theme!
melonjar is offline   Reply With Quote

superman3

Changing this year
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

For the past couple of years I've had a rock star theme. This year I'm starting the school year with a football theme, and then changing to the rock star theme while on Christmas break. Never done it this way before, but I start to get bored with the scenery in my room at about this time every school year. I guess I'll see how it goes.

superman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Amilya

I do a beach theme too....
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I keep it up all year. I just add holiday decorations around my room to change it up. Halloween brings skeletons and ghosts to beach, Thanksgiving brings out the turkeys trying to surf or fish. Then snow (batting) on the edges of surfboards, icicles to the leaves of trees, christmas lights to the palm tree, hearts to the palm tree for valentines. The students love seeing how I dress up the beach for different holidays. Santa hats to the animals (I have surfing monkeys) or even Leprechauns on the surfboards and rainbows with pots of gold for St. Patricks day, and green hats and leis to the monkeys. For spring I use wildflowers along the edges of the bulletin boards and baby monkeys in the palm tree.
Amilya is offline   Reply With Quote