Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Buying shower board or dry erase board?

>

WestCoastTch

Buying shower board or dry erase board?
Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Have you purchased a large piece of shower board or dry erase board from Home Depot or Lowe's? How is it? I want to buy some to cover a fairly large area, but I am very picky about it being clean after erasing. Right now I have magnetic dry erase boards I can keep very clean with a Magic eraser.

WestCoastTch is online now   Reply With Quote

Who Dat

shower board
Old 03-01-2015, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had a shower board cut for dry erase boards for my students. I have had the same ones for 2 years now. Great investment. They clean well with lysol spray.
Who Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsCroak

Old 03-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I went to Home Depot to buy large shower boards for my new (old) room this year. The shower boards had a texture on them that made me think that maybe they wouldn't clean like a regular board. So I looked over and found smaller (but still large) boards that they actually named "Mark-R" boards, and they are quite smooth.
MrsCroak is offline   Reply With Quote

sailboatgirl

Works well
Old 03-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The shower boards are great. With time and use the shower board surface will gradually wear off. I use windex on my board clean it but it is the regular white board. The windex isn't recommended but it cleans better than the more expensive stuff one buys for white boards. Black markers stain the board pretty bad over time. I like the pastel colors such as orange, green, blue, or pink. Yellow doesn't show up well. Also, old well worn towel works well to erase the board. The erasers are good but I like something I can throw away with it gets really dirty. Good luck your boards. You will really enjoy them!
sailboatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsRainDog

Old 07-05-2015, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I LOVE the shower board for my student white boards! I bought a sheet over 10 years ago and cut it into 12" squares (32 boards from one sheet). I left for a few years and passed them off to my high school teacher husband. He is still using the same ones! For 50 cents per board, you can't beat it, even if they do wear out! I'm back in the classroom again and bought another sheet last year. I don't know about the other home improvement stores, but Lowe's will cut it for free if you tell them you're a teacher. They do get a bit grubby after several years. I wouldn't want it for my large classroom white board, but for the kids, they're great. I have a rule that hands can't touch them. They have to use an eraser. I used tissue for years, but now I use black socks. I store the pens in the sock. (This helps with "You get what you get...") and when they're dirty, I just throw them in the washer!

MrsRainDog is offline   Reply With Quote