Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Mother's Day

>

Phelan

Mother's Day
Old 04-21-2006, 07:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you have your students make their moms?

Last year we did mini scrapbooks made out of lunch sacs- this year I was thinking about doing a mosaic tile coaster, but I'm not so sure now.

Phelan is offline   Reply With Quote

clydesdale115

clydesdale115

Mother's Day
Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What grade/age are you working with?
Christine

Christine

Mother's Day
Old 04-28-2006, 03:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always have my students make pop up cards. (I am limited to resources). I was actually wondering if you could tell me about your lunch sacs. It sounds easy and affordable.
Holly

Holly

lunch sack scrapbooks
Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have made the scrapbooks and it is really easy. You can usually get the lunch size sacks donated from Walmart or somewhere. Take two (or three) sacks and sew them together down the middle. Then you can fold on your seam and make a book. Hole punch 2-4 holes along the binding so they can tie ribbons in them (I personally tie a lot of ribbons - different kinds-fuzzy, thick yarn, cord- and colors). Then you decorate the cover and pages with decorative/colored paper. I also use buttons, ribbons, stickers, etc. I glue one of the pockets shut and put stuff in the other. My elementary class is going to make coupons for hugs and kisses for the pocket. You can make tags on the pages for pictures, include letters and artwork, etc. The only thing that limits you is your imagination. Have fun!

Rimbaud810

Mother's Day
Old 05-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Last year, I made jewelry with 2nd graders. I gave them those beads with big holes but you could also use pasta(colored with markers)...I think for the string, we use used yarn. I tied a triple knot on one end and white glue on the other (let it dry so it gets stiff.)

For 3rd, pop-up cards. For 4th, Guatemalean paper flowers. (Let them cut circles out of tissue paper, then punch two holes in the center, and insert a green pipe cleaner for the stem. Form into a flower.)

For 5th, watercolor resist "What I like about my mom" paintings.

Sorry, that is all I can remember now. The flowers and jewelry were big hits.

Rimbaud810 is offline   Reply With Quote