Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Art Integrated Unit

>

Mrs.W.2008

Art Integrated Unit
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need to come up with an Art Integrated Unit for my college Art Education class. I thought I had it all figured out...doing 4th grade geography and discussing the major landforms of the U.S., man made and natural.

I was going to have the students draw using depth and perspective a city scape and then create clay land forms in a map.

My art teacher says that's not an Art lesson and that I need a style of art or an artist for the students to study. Any suggestions? Links? I'm so confused.

Mrs.W.2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

ms.artteacher

that is sooo annoying
Old 10-27-2008, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a long lesson with my fourth grade art class on city scapes. You dont have to concentrate on a style or an artist. poo.

here is what we did (and it was fantastic. my 1st year teaching and my best project yet)

-I did a slide show of landsape and city scape paintings and photographs, and taught (through guided questions) them how artists create the illusion of depth. didn't get into perspective though. we looked for:

-height placement: things move up the page as they go backward
-colour: colours get paler and duller as they go backward
-overla: things in the front go over thinngs in the background
-size: thing are bigger the closer they are.

-we looked at a few random "utopia cities" .

-i asked them what the difference between rural and urban was, the beneifiets and draw backs of each, and told them how for the first time in history more people live in cities than in the country.

-i told them to think about what their perfect city would look like

-they dived their page in five bands, the top row being the background and so on...

they drew, cut pictures from magazines, and cut strips of gray paper into silhouettes of building and mountains .

they were great....didn't catch on to the colour aspect so much, but got everything else. they were really expressive and inspiring.

i you google "collage city scape" you can find some "artists examples" if your teacher is that old fashioned!
ms.artteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

jeatherhane

what about
Old 08-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

combining geography with lessons on architecture? Here are some ideas:
http://www.hsv.k12.al.us/schools/art...chitecture.htm
jeatherhane is offline   Reply With Quote

Knobles

Art Integration
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am currently working with the NC Museum of Art to integrate art to assist teachers with arts integration. One of the keys to arts integration is to find a work of art that can be used with the core objective. An example would be tessellations in math. Mc Escher is a great choice because he created a lot of works in this style. Use the art work to generate discussion about tessellations. Also teach the students about his biography. Students should create tesellations of their own. Also be certain to include objectives from the visual atrs course of study in the plan. I hope this helps. Good luck with your classes and career.
Knobles is offline   Reply With Quote
arts

arts

art integration
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

what is this?! Art integration is a interesting and engaging chance to learn.