Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Planning for Next Year

>

MrsDriver

MrsDriver

Planning for Next Year
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know it's early but I am already starting to plan for next year. My last name is Driver and I want to plan a classroom theme using a play on my name. I teach 5th grade and will most likely teach 5th next year. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Dedicated

Old 03-27-2010, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Race car driver-speed, obstacles, safety equipment, focus
golf club(driver)-different clubs for different situations
getting your learning permit to become a driver(you could even work your way through a "learner's manual"
the tool-pile driver-contruction theme
the old pack train mule driver-loading up the information in each subject to take you to your destination
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Rhonda71

A thought
Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A teacher in my school has used toy cars(hot wheels) on the lip above her white board with a back ground and allowed the studnets to race their cars to the finish line (set by % of AR (reading program)goal). THe students loved it and they were in 5th grade. It could be adaptted for almost anything.
It is not to early to think about next year I have been thinking already as well. THe bad thing is I dont know if I will be in 2nd or 3rd.
Rhonda71 is offline   Reply With Quote

jcmmomma

Next Year's Theme
Old 03-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been busy the last 3 weeks planning for my theme for next year. It's the one thing that helps me get through the state testing torture. I've even ordered items from Vista Print with the slogan for the new theme - Destination: Education. My classroom will continue to have a Disney "under" theme as we will be traveling to the 5 Disneylands. I've ordered stuffed Mickeys and Minnies from the countries already. California Disney is a Mickey with a surf board and the Orlando, FL Mickey is the tourist. The end of the year is always so stressful for us - IEPs, dismissals, graduation, Enterprise Village, etc., that the creative outlet of planning for next year helps keep us sane.
jcmmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
MrsDriver

MrsDriver

Holy Themes Batman!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You all are amazing. I would have never thought of these things. I hope others keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!

Teacher 4U

Mrs. Driver
Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When I was in fourth I used We Have Our Licenses to Learn--Licenses Plates with Students' Names illustrated with favorite school subjects, hobbies, or achievements. I had a VW bug in the center of the bulletin board and the plates all around--make sense? I'm impressed that you are thinking ahead. We have Open House on Thursday and I am looking forward to catching a bite to eat during lunch.
Teacher 4U is offline   Reply With Quote
MrsDriver

MrsDriver

Teacher4U
Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Makes perfect sense. Your idea sounds really cute and I may have to do that. I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it. The other ideas that were given are great too. I might try to incorporate them in together.

rhubarb

Old 04-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Check out Beth Newingham's site for marvelous theme and teaching ideas. She is an inspiration to us all!
rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote