Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

ice cream theme

>

laureljackson

ice cream theme
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone ever done an ice cream theme in their classroom? I teach kindergarten, and I have done a construction theme (Kindergarten KIDstruction Zone) for the past several years. Next year, I want to try something new. I found a few ice cream scoop and cone bulletin board cut-outs and sprinkles letters and borders. I am also thinking about somehow using the kids' handprints as scoops upside-down on top of a cone (handprints are always cute for the little ones!). I was wondering if anyone had some other ideas. I need something theme-related for the class marble jar, the class mascot (a stuffed animal that one student takes home each week and writes about in a journal), a good work bulletin board, a job chart, etc. Thank you for your help!

laureljackson is offline   Reply With Quote

L8 4 School

Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Check out the ice cream shop graphics at www.thistlegirldesigns.com.
They may be under the member graphics.
Sounds cute! I think your kindergarteners would LOVE it!
L8 4 School is offline   Reply With Quote

ilove2

some ideas
Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well...one of the first things I think about is a wooden ice cream cart that FAO Swartz had in a catalog a couple of years ago. You could create your own somehow (using a shelf and making a canopy) and have the seasonal story books or author of the month books on it and say "Scoop Up a Good Book!". You could make different kinds of ice cream pops (like you see on the side of an ice cream truck) out of different colored construction paper and popsicle sticks and write the kids names on them for locker tags or use them as a reward system. You could still use a marble jar, just call the marbles "dippin' dots". The class mascot could be an animal of "sherbert" colors or one that would fit the name "sprinkles". I bet there's an ice cream cone stuffed toy out there somewhere. A bulliten board idea could be the double joined popsicles with a child's picture on each side with the title "Friends are Cool". I am doing a food theme in my classroom and I went to Baskin Robbins to buy empty ice cream containers (just a couple dollars per container) and used it for a spelling activity called scoop and spell (you place letter tiles inside and they scoop with an ice cream scoop some letters and spell as many words as they can to record). My student of the week and birthday kids get to wear aprons and chef hats. Maybe you could find an apron for your students to wear and monogram something cute on the front. I think I've had fun thinking about this . Good luck!
ilove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ilove2
Old 04-11-2010, 02:07 PM
This message has been deleted by ilove2. Reason: I don't think I can post a website...oops

laureljackson

Thanks you!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I really like the ideas for the bookshelf and class mascot. I also found some coordinating chocolate polka dot bulletin board materials by reading another thread about the all girl class. Everyone on this site is so creative!
laureljackson is offline   Reply With Quote