Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Going Green

>

teamplayer

Going Green
Old 04-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My school has decided on a "going green" theme for next year. Does anyone have any ideas for this theme?

Writing
Math
Reading
Jobs
Behavior

teamplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Imel

Imel

going green
Old 04-18-2010, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did a green theme this school year (09-10). I used toilet paper rolls for my word wall with the title "This is how we roll...with words" For writing, I used "Trash Talkers". In my reading corner I used a big jug hanging from the ceiling with " Water you reading?" on the side and then water drops hanging from fishing line with different genres printed on each drop. In math we figured our carbon footprint (with the help of a website) and put them on feet clip art which were also their name tags. I had a timeline of how long it takes things to biodegrade. We have a compost bin in the classroom that we give to the kindergarden at the end of the year for their garden. If you cut out the bottom of different size and colors of bottles (2-liter, 1-liter, water, etc.) they make cute flowers that you can use to decorate or hang. I also took square floppy disks and zip tied them to make a box with no top for pencils, markers and more. One of my students put a box in the cafeteria to collect capri suns and we signed up at terricycle.com and send them to them for a fundraiser. Another student put a box in the office to collect cellphones and ink cartridges and we found a website that will take them. Hope this helps!

teamplayer

Going Green Theme
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the great ideas!!!
teamplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

123rabbit

going green
Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

One of our teachers flattened all kinds of old cereal boxes and other boxes and used them to wallpaper her classroom. The labels are colorful and inspire everyone to recycle. She also used some paper soda crates to hold the students' glue bottles instead of plastic caddies.
123rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Imel

Imel

green
Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

123rabbit, That is a great idea! And it reminded me that we used cereal and other boxes, cut the large sides off and used them to make books. I also used paper bags and newspaper for my bulliten boards.