Help

Visual & Performing Arts

The Arts

>

bonnie

The Arts
Old 04-14-2008, 05:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi there, could anyone help me with any ideas on a lesson for kindergarden kids incorporating the ARTS.I am having trouble coming up with any.I have ben given a theme to work on-OUT&ABOUT. Apreciate some advice and ideas. Many thanks bonnie

bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote

jenuone

jenuone

Kind. ideas.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What does that mean to work on-OUT&ABOUT. Does it mean that they could go outside. You could have them find items outside and come back in and glue them on paper. It could be a spring thing. I'm sure I could help with ideas if I know what the theme involves. Sounds interesting!

mrsdiez

Out and about?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The previous poster gave a good idea for the visual arts, finding things outside and putting them on paper. Sometimes our art teacher has them copy, trace or rub the things they found (leaves look pretty cool if you rub them right).
For the performing arts, you could try having students create sounds from things they would find outside when then are out and about. Such as: wind, rain, firetrucks, bugs, frogs, that kind of stuff. Then have them put them together, or form a pattern to create a song of sorts using the sounds they have created. They could name the song if they want, like "Sounds of Spring" or something like that.
Good luck with your lesson.
mrsdiez is offline   Reply With Quote
gwynnetx

gwynnetx

"found" art
Old 05-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

the previous poster had a good idea about taking the kids for a walk. you could give each kid a bag to collect things in, take it back to the classroom, and create "found" art, which is art created by objects not usually considered art.

just thinking off of the top of my head...you could have the kids glue their objects into a shoebox top and then paint the whole thing a single color. you could get some really cool results!