Help

Visual & Performing Arts

student teacher need help with integrated project please

>

adc04

student teacher need help with integrated project please
Old 04-16-2011, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an assignment that I have not been able to come up with ideas for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have to teach a language arts lesson (4th grade). The lesson or unit must include art, music and theatre.
I have not been able to come up with a lesson that would incorporate all three of those. Any ideas??

adc04 is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

Figurative Language?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a lesson on figurative language. You could do simile and metaphor pretty easily.

For simile and metaphor you could listen to songs such as Firework by Katy Perry, The River by Garth Brooks, or The Grinch (not really the right season). You could have pairs of students illustrate each metaphor or simile and act it out as well. Each person is one half of the comparison, so they always understand that similes and metaphors are comparisons of at least two things.

Example:

Here's the first line from "Firework"
"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind"

They listen to the song, then the pair that picks this would have a picture, illustration, whatever art project you choose showing a plastic bag in the wind and a picture of a person next to it (to show what is being compared). Then have them act out a plastic bag as well as show what it feels like to be lost and confused using facial expressions. Then the simile will come alive for them and they will understand that it is standing for an emotion.

Good luck, hope that helps
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

Connecthedots

puppets
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can have the children make puppets and in small groups write a play that they will perform for the class.
Connecthedots is offline   Reply With Quote