Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Door decor

>

Melissa1981

Melissa1981

Door decor
Old 07-22-2015, 09:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was moved from inside the building to a mobile for the upcoming year. I am used to putting cut-outs with the kids name on them on the outside my door. This year I won't be able to do that or even put up a welcome sign since the sun will make them fade. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should put on my door? The doors are an awful faded gray color and I would like to make them more inviting for my 1st graders. Thanks for your input!

tchrrx

Old 07-22-2015, 11:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is the door magnetic? They have magnetic border, so that might be a starting place. It may fade too though, but hopefully not as quickly as paper.

Your best bet may be to make a wreath and use a wooden number or little chalkboard to show your grade.
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Spiffing up your door
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Can you paint your door? That might be a good first step. Then you could put up something seasonal that is designed to go outside...maybe a small fabric flag, banner, or wreath that you could change from time to time. you could use the inside of the door for the things that you usually put on the outside, that way you could still have them, but they would be protected from the elements.

I taught in a mobile classroom for a year. I loved it because I could set the heat and air conditioning just the way I wanted it!

All the best for a great school year!
ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote

prechrswife

Old 07-24-2015, 11:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like the idea of a fun wreath on the outside and then your usual door decor on the inside. Painting is a great idea, too, if you are able to do that.
prechrswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Seaturtle08

Covering the door
Old 07-27-2015, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

If you can't paint the door, what about covering it with a vinyl table cloth (the kind that are soft on one side and wipeable on the other). That wouldn't fade as quickly, and would also hold up to weather as long as the edges were sealed well with tape.

Also, does your door open in or out? (Sorry, I can't picture it at the moment!) if it opens out, you could put your welcome sign on the inside of the door, that way everyone will see it when they open the door to your room!

Seaturtle08 is offline   Reply With Quote