Art for 6th Grade Special Needs Lesson Plans??? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Art for 6th Grade Special Needs Lesson Plans???

>

Ms. W

Ms. W

Art for 6th Grade Special Needs Lesson Plans???
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year I am teaching not only my usual Elementary school load of kids, but the 6th grade art class also. They meet with me each morning, and 10minutes later the 5th grade class joins them. On average there are 50 people in my classroom (including teacher assistants and myself). This 9 weeks is even more stressful because I have three 6th graders in my classroom that are Intense Special Needs.

I need help coming up with ideas to keep them working, have them learning, and hopefully keep them a little quieter so I can explain the lessons to the other students. Does anyone out there have some suggestions for lesson plans to help me out?

jeniowa

Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had some students last quarter like this. One project I had them do was I cut some simple shapes (circle, triangle) out of cardboard. Then the aide held these on the paper (12x18) while the student used pastel to color around the shapes. Then I had them use an analagous color, move the shapes around and color again.
They also made some rubbings- choose interesting textures/ objects to make a rubbing. One student would cut out predrawn shapes to make a simple picture. Also check out kinderart for more ideas.
jeniowa is offline   Reply With Quote