Visual & Performing Arts

Art club project ideas?

>

jenEHE

jenEHE

Art club project ideas?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A Colleague and I decided to start an art club for 5th graders at our elementary school. There is no art program and we thought it would be "enriching". I am not sure how to approach the activities. We plan to meet two times a month. I am not sure how to balance instruction and projects. If you have an art club, how did you start? and what projects/activities did you find successful?

jeniowa

Art club
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do not have an art club, but there are a few great sites for resources. Google the following: the incredible art department, artsonia, and check out this blog-http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2011/10/gradespeed-online-grade-book.html

You could have a theme , a particular medium , or subject matter for each meeting. This could also include some art history and discussion for what they did last time (if it is a project that they work on at home in and then bring in the following meeting) or have a critique at the end of each lesson/meeting. At that age they will want to produce some art work.
jeniowa is offline   Reply With Quote