Help

Social Studies

First Grade--Community Leaders

>

msemze

First Grade--Community Leaders
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need help with some ideas on a lesson for community leaders. The students will be learning very soon about the election and will have a mock election in class and will have fake voter registration cards, etc. They will also be learning about rules and being a good citizen. They have learned about presidents and their role. Now, I need to do a lesson on community leaders (like mayor, governor, etc.). I was going to begin by activating their prior knowledge on the president and citizenship and rules, and then explain to them what a community is and how we all work together. I just don't know what I'm going to do for learning about leaders without getting too in depth, as they are just first graders. My class is pretty high-leveled, and I don't need to do much differentiation, but I'm just having trouble with this lesson. Also, I am a student teacher and this is the first social studies lesson I will have taught!
If anyone has any lessons or activities, can you please help me out! Thank you!

msemze is offline   Reply With Quote