Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

New School Year....

>

deana021

New School Year....
Old 04-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

New School Year, New School, New theme......
any suggestions? I have had owls for the last three years. I need a new change to go with my big change.

deana021 is offline   Reply With Quote

grade1year1

Under the Sea!
Old 04-14-2016, 09:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love my under the sea theme! In Ohio when it's cold as all get out staring at palm trees in my classroom makes me happy haha. Also using blue and green as colors in the classroom helps to make things more calming and unify non-themed items. Lastly, before school starts there's so many ocean, beach, luau things on sale to use in your room!
grade1year1 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

colors????
Old 04-25-2016, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

1) What colors scheme do you prefer to work with? Up until this year I always preferred cool color themes . . .earth tones so I could display my plants, artificial vines, and at times fresh flowers. Now that I teach transitional kinder I inherited very nice red and white polkadot curtains and added two matching awnings over my library so my room next year will be centered around that.
Any kind of animal theme are all time favorites among my students. . .but so are camping or adventure themes.
2) You could theme your room around your field trips, special happenings at school, or academic direction like STEM.
For specific ideas I might get re-energized during the summer.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

deana021

great ideas
Old 04-29-2016, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Those are both Great ideas. In years past, I tried to keep things calm and neutral with different shades of blues. Last year I used bright colors and it really made me happy. Of course my owls have always been there. At this school, they pick a theme during the summer for the hallway and that is the theme all year. I always like to changed my bulletin board and door once a month. It keeps things new and fresh.... however, they do not do it like this at the new school I will be teaching at.... it stays all year long. However, there are big bulletin boards in the classroom and the rooms are rather large, so I will have plenty of room to change things up regularly. I think i may change things with with our units of study. I don't know.. what do you guys think?

ceceteaches

Same theme...
Old 05-03-2016, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've had an animal Safari theme for the past 3 years, and I'm wanting to change too. I'll be moving back to 1st grade,(coming from 3rd) so I'm thinking of trying new colors too. Changing things with your units of study sounds good. You could incorporate your decor into your lessons. Make sure to post pics!

ceceteaches is offline   Reply With Quote

Jojobean82

Seuss
Old 05-06-2016, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I teach Sped and this was my first year. I started with a blue theme (knowing I wanted Seuss) and gradually bought Seuss things. slowly and bit by bit my room came together. I am keeping the same theme because I have invested too much into the theme. Plus I still enjoy looking at all my Seuss stuff. I'm not bored of it yet.
Jojobean82 is online now   Reply With Quote

deana021

seuss
Old 05-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

that is a good theme also.