Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Survey

>

scprek

Survey
Old 05-08-2020, 11:23 AM

Question: How many of you will feel comfortable going to a dine in restaurant, nail or hair salon, or any other close contact place when it reopens?

I had this conversation with my sister. I love getting a monthly massage and a pedicure and manicure. ( I REALLY need this). With that being said, I will not be going anywhere. I have no where to be until August when school starts.

scprek is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 05-08-2020, 11:29 AM

I actually feel fine with it. Maybe it's just because I'm tired of being home or maybe I just feel like everyone will be more careful for a while.

I definitely miss my massages, and I sure need some serious highlights!!
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

onion girl

Old 05-08-2020, 11:33 AM

I might try a hair cut in August if I can get the first appointment and they are doing good social distancing procedures (wearing masks etc.). Otherwise I will not be inside of a building that is not my home. I am having everything delivered or curbside pick up. The last time I was in a building that was not my home was the second weekend of March. I don't expect to be back in restaurants or movie theatres until I get a vaccine. It is fine if that takes two years. Of course I have diabetes so I am at higher risk.
onion girl is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I may eat out soon
Old 05-08-2020, 11:34 AM

For now restaurants are at 25% capacity. I'd prefer to go now before they graduate to 50% occupancy. Trying to decide where I really want to go.I will go on a week day at an odd time like 3 o'clock so the lunch run will be over and dinner run will not have started. Maybe. Then back to home cooking and take out.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

eeza

going out
Old 05-08-2020, 11:39 AM

I'm totally fine with resuming my old routine. I actually had a massage about a month ago because she was open and it was fine (she works on people who have medical issues). She has always been very clean and I felt safe. I don't go to restaurants in general because I like to cook so that doesn't really apply.

I'm actually glad that people will be more diligent about their germs though. I hate when people just cough or sneeze willy nilly without thinking about where their germs are going. Don't get me started on people not washing their hands!

eeza is offline   Reply With Quote

SusaninNJ

Nope
Old 05-08-2020, 11:51 AM

Wonít be going until the scientists agree that it is OK. Nothing is that important to me and NJ is still reporting cases.
SusaninNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 05-08-2020, 11:55 AM

Of the things you listed, probably wouldnít do any of them. I can wait on all of it! We do take out dinner from time to time, and probably will continue. I would be more apt to possible venture into a store as necessary, but no salons, gyms, restaurants.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 05-08-2020, 12:00 PM

I think it will depend on how well people/businesses are following the guidelines. We used to spend a lot of time eating out, going to the theater, wandering the mall etc. Right now I have no particular desire to do any of those things. I would like to get back to some outdoor activities like going to the zoo or walking the parks.
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Old 05-08-2020, 12:06 PM

Iím with SusanNJ. Iíll wait until itís safe. I donít want to endanger my life or the lives of others for the chance to get my hair cut. Weíve ordered takeout and supported restaurants but the other stuff can wait.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

FancyFish

Old 05-08-2020, 12:24 PM

I am not concerned about going out again. I certainly respect those who feel they should wait, but I will take appropriate precautions and go out, especially for a haircut.

FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

Just one
Old 05-08-2020, 12:37 PM

The only place I'll go is the hair salon, and that's only because I really, really need it and it's a small-enough, not busy place. Now, I realize that it may get unusually busy when we all rush them, but I think the set up at my salon will be conducive to social distancing. I think I'll trust them, but not restaurants, stores, malls, etc.
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Survey
Old 05-08-2020, 12:46 PM

As much as I would love and also need several spa treatments, Iím not rushing out. A pedicure, maybe, since the technician is away from my face. A massage and manicure will have to wait til the all clear.

Hair salon.... My hairdresser is also a good friend and we having been talking about what her salon will look like. She has two separate rooms so itís possible I can get my hair done in private.

Holding off on restaurants, as much as I sorely miss going out to lunch. They still feel like a breeding ground to me.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

Old 05-08-2020, 01:03 PM

If wishes were horses.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 05-08-2020, 01:42 PM

Not me. I need to protect my dh and my mom. The funny thing is that dh would go out in a heartbeat.

Dh pisses me of. He has a short attention span and I have to constantly remind him that he is high risk.
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Nor right now...
Old 05-08-2020, 01:51 PM

I am older and in reasonably good health. We had the second highest number of cases in the country, and my county has been number one in the state. I miss my hair styling appointment, but the deaths are still over 200 each day and I have no desire to push my luck. I only have had takeout once from a restaurant, and hope to do it again this weekend. I do not foresee eating in a restaurant. I miss my gym, especially spinning, but I do not see gyms here opening any time soon. If I lived in a rural area with less density, I might feel differently.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 05-08-2020, 01:53 PM

I'm with SusanNJ, I might need a haircut I don't need it bad enough to venture out in the beginning. Not sure I will ever have a manicure hearing that the first COVID case was traced back to a nail salon.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 05-08-2020, 01:54 PM

I thought I was ok with it. Then our governor announced yesterday that the first community spread was at a nail salon and that is why he is not allowing them to open yet.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Hair, but that's it
Old 05-08-2020, 02:22 PM

I doubt that I will be in a restaurant again this year. Since I never get my nails done, I certainly won't start now. I'll just give myself a pedicure when the weather gets warm and sandal season starts.

As far as hair--probably sometime this summer. My hair stylist works alone and I'm often the only person there, so that seems doable, maybe in June. My last appointment was Feb. 7. I usually go every 5-6 weeks for cut and color. My bangs are way below my eyes and the "blond" roots and about 1.5 inches. Not a good look.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

all41

Old 05-08-2020, 02:48 PM

It will be a very long time before I, or a member of my household, eat out again. We have not eaten anything that has not been prepared in our home since the end of Feb. I will admit that I'm craving McDonalds french fries like crazy. I just can't rationalize the temporary enjoyment of one very unhealthy meal over the possibility of a life threatening illness. My boys will most likely get a haircut sometime over the summer, but I will be holding out until Aug or longer if needed.
all41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Fine
Old 05-08-2020, 03:00 PM

I'd be fine with it, to be honest. However, I can totally see where others wouldn't, and I think that's fine, too. We all need to do what works best for us and our loved ones.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 05-08-2020, 04:44 PM

I will be going out a lot less because the economic ramifications of all of this mean I no longer have anywhere near as much discretionary income to spend. I've never spent money on getting nails done anyway. I will get a hair cut once way more things open up and we start socializing again. As of now it doesn't make sense to pay for a hair cut in order to just sit in my house by myself. I am looking forward to being able to go to restaurants again, but again, I won't be able to do this as often as I used to due to money reasons. I also expect that even when they open, we'll still be expected to "socially distance" which doesn't help someone like me who lives alone. Who knows when it's going to be acceptable to meet friends at a restaurant again.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 05-08-2020, 05:58 PM

Iím getting a manicure and pedicure ASAP. However, only two people work at the salon, and one only works part time. Most of the time it is just me and the one doing my nails.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 05-08-2020, 07:29 PM

I'm fine with the haircut. My salon is limiting customers so it doesn't concern me. As for the restaurant, DH and I decided we'd wait a few weeks and either go for lunch or a late lunch/early dinner (linner). I don't get a manicure or pedicure - do that at home. I'll hold off on the movies for quite a while.
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 05-08-2020, 09:07 PM

DH and I are laying low for awhile longer. We'll probably just see what the trends are for the next few weeks and take it from there. I do need a haircut and desperately need a pedicure, but not quite yet.

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

desert flower

Old 05-08-2020, 10:01 PM

I’m comfortable returning to my normal routine includng dining out, etc . As a matter of fact, I’m getting my nails done Monday and my hair done the week after. So excited! I know that these facilities will have precautions in place. No worries here.
desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote

oreocat

Old 05-09-2020, 07:02 AM

I am scheduled for a haircut and color May 20. I cannot wait! My salon has very strict standards. You must wear a mask and gloves inside. They will call you from your car when they are ready and they can only work on one customer at a time. They sterilize everything between each customer. I rarely eat out or go to the nail salon anyway. I would feel differently about eating out since you will not be wearing a mask and people do linger and there is less crowd control. I will not be going to the movies or mall because of the crowd control and people touching things.
oreocat is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 05-09-2020, 08:05 AM

I do not feel comfortable doing any of those right now. To me, it's just worth the risk. I will wait and see how things go as things open up. I suspect there will be a surge in new cases.
annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Old 05-09-2020, 09:05 AM

Iím ready to go wherever I can as soon as our state ruler allows it. Iíd rather have caught it and been done with it months ago, but such is life.
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 05-09-2020, 10:45 AM

I have never liked being in close contact. I HATE getting my hair cut or nails done because I canít stand being that close to a stranger. I kind of donít like restaurants for the same reason. I think other than the masks, I may like this new world much better.
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote