Help

Physical Education

ScooterBoards

>

CatLove

ScooterBoards
Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any scooterboard games? We just played a soccer type game with three hoops at each end of the gym with a pin in them that needed to be knocked over. I'm just looking for something new.

CatLove is online now   Reply With Quote

giver1940

Here's some sites you
Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

might want to try.

http://www.nipissingu.ca/education/b...oard_Games.htm

http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/dicken.maier/scooter_games

Maybe they will trigger some ideas. If you have older kids, have them develop a game for extra credit. They can be pretty creative.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
kathynmb

kathynmb

PE Teacher
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Fill The Hoops.......poition students on a line in center of the gym/playing area. On one end line place 10 hula hoops and on the other end line place baskets of items (bean bags, fleece balls, koosh balls, deck rings, etc.) On your signal, students will "scoot" to a basket of their choosing and select ONE item and bring it to any of the 10 hoops. Object of the game is to fill the hoops with 10 items each, thus filling with 100 items. I time my classes to see who can "break the school record". Funny, all of my classes wind up with the same times! You can then have them do the reverse by selecting an item from a hoop and have students bring it back to the correct basket (sorting is a needed skill in the lower grades). Funny, they always seem to do it quicker this way! Encourage fair play by only carrying one item at a time. Also ask students to count how many are in a given hoop before depositing their item. Enjoy!
Dennis P.

Dennis P.

Ultimate Scooter Ball
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I teach 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students. We recently finished an ultimate ball unit and one of our games involved scooters. All ultimate ball rules apply (No advancement when you have the ball etc.) We lowered the gym hoops, created two "end zones" (3ft by 3ft squares) on each side of the gym and students were divided into teams of six. Rounds were only 3 minutes long, so students moved through quickly. We used two courts so four teams played and only one team had to sit out for a short period of time. The team sitting out had roles to do such as score keeper, referee, goal judge, etc.. They could score two points for their team if they make a basket or three points if they passed it to a teammate in the "end zone." We played this activity with and without scooters and students seemed to enjoy the scooters the most. There are a lot of changes you can make to the activity, but it was a great game that focused on throwing, catching, teamwork, sportsmanship, etc.