Help

Physical Education

equipment needs

>

KellyCats

equipment needs
Old 09-20-2008, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just started teaching 3-5 year olds. I am trying to find a piece of equipment for helping the children walk in line. It is a string with rings attached. Each child holds onto a ring. It keeps them together. Since I don't know what it is called, I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

KellyCats is offline   Reply With Quote

giver1940

Make your own
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Make it yourself. Buy some rope and tie knots at the appropriate intervals or put a bead there. We never used rings because sometimes, little fingers or hands get hung in them, but if you use them, use an appropriate size.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tmueller

Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Simple games like "Choo-Choo Train" can allow students to visualize how they are suppose to act. If you do not have any equipment, simple masking tape placed in various patterns on the ground can represent the "tracks" of the train. And the students' job is to follow the conductor around the gymnasium.

If your students are special need and require equipment to keep them focused the ring and string idea is fantastic. You can also go to dollar stores and buy fun noodles (the ones you put in pools). Each student has to hold on to the foam noodle while moving around the gymnasium. If they let go, their "train" breaks down.
Tmueller is offline   Reply With Quote