Help

Physical Education

kick ball w/ 1st-2nd grade

>

tatalufo

kick ball w/ 1st-2nd grade
Old 04-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a combined class of about 30 1st and 2nd grade students...............I'm a first year PE teacher (non-certified) and I'm curious if I would be crazy to play kick ball with this class? I guess if I'm asking then, it's probably a yes!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

tatalufo is offline   Reply With Quote

YILuv2Teach

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've seen teachers play with that young of students. It definitely depends the students though and how well you think they would do at an organized game like that. One idea, I've seen done is it being played with a kid hitting the ball(a bouncy rubber one) with their arm instead of kicking it. This may be something to think about if the kids don't seem to have the needed kicking skills.
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

roadrunner54

kick ball
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One idea that works especially with having 30 kids in a class is cardio kick ball. Every student gets a chance to kick and run. I spend time on kicking with right/left, approach, kicking a ball away from you then play cardio kick ball. Split class into two teams, take a barrel of balls out to the mound, one team lines up to kick, while the other spreads out in the field, you will start pitching balls to the kids to kick, the next kicker should receive the ball not long after the one infront of them kicks. The idea is that the kicking team kicks, then runs the bases and sits down at hame in a designated area. The outfield needs to get the ball and place back in the barrel. THere are no boundries so students can kick any where they want. If the last kicker gets home before all balls are returned then we clap for the kicking team, if the outfield get the balls back in the barrel before the last runner gets home then we praise the outfield before switching. May have to make a rule on only one ball then the outfileder sits down and can only bring one ball back at a time. Other than that kids have a blast kicking and running. Hope this helps, have fun
roadrunner54 is offline   Reply With Quote