Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I am so unbearably sad...

>

Bry1638

I am so unbearably sad...
Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 PM

I want to walk away from the news and not have to see it, but I also feel like I have to watch. Seeing those faces just kills me and I can not stop crying.

Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote

Izzy23

Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 PM

Me too. I've been so sad all weekend, though today I feel more angry and powerless, than sad.

Last night I went to The Nutcracker and when the children came on stage to dance, I started crying. They were so adorable and excited in their costumes and taking the ballet so seriously and it just made me so sad to think anyone would want to end a child's life.

Tonight a teacher friend called me and I thought she wanted to talk about what happened, but she went on for an hour about other things. She's a middle school teacher, so maybe she was not as affected? But I was getting annoyed. I wanted to say, Tomorrow I have to go to school and I don't know what to say to my students. And I have to go in early for a special meeting that I am dreading. Can we talk about that for five minutes, instead of you?
Izzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

wildflowerz

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM

Me too. I still can't have a conversation about it without tearing up. I can't look at little kids without crying.
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

read2sara

lesson?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 AM

How can we use this to, perhaps, teach compassion to our students? How can we use this to encourage our students to seek out the loners and, perhaps, reach out to include? How can we use this?
Anne
read2sara is offline   Reply With Quote