Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

Online IQ Test

>

jucudu

Online IQ Test
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone know a fairly quick online IQ test that students can take? It doesn't need to be 100% accurate-it is really just for fun. We are reading a story in class where the main character takes IQ tests so we just want the kids to see what one is like. We are doing some web explorations next week but the only ones we can find all require email addresses. I don't want them to be bombarded with spam mail.

Thanks!

jucudu is offline   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

I'd rethink this
Old 01-09-2012, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can find one to flash up on a Smartboard, but I'd think long and hard before I actually had them take any kind of IQ test in class. It really won't be just for fun. They will remember and talk about their scores and their parents will too. Someone will feel dumb and someone will fell superior and lots of parents will be unhappy. I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole!
Cassyree is online now   Reply With Quote

Phyllis

Agree with . . .
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

. . . Cassyree. There are just too many negative possibilities for this one. Another possibility would be to just display some images from an IQ test on the SmartBoard, not giving them a chance to answer.
Phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote

kbrown

Just for fun...
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had my kids do this when we read Flowers for Algernon. I just printed one out, made copies and had them work in groups to answer as many questions as they could in 5 minutes. No one felt stupid or had their feelings hurt. Then afterwards we talked about how hard it was and how Charlie must have felt when he was trying to answer the questions. Before I gave them the test, I told them that they were going to be graded on it and to do their best, then after the five minutes I let them know it was just for fun and that I just wanted them to experience what it would be like to have to take a test like this, and how Charlie must have struggled. I never had any complaints and parents never got upset. I also took some ink and put it on paper and made up an ink blot test for them to take. After the kids wrote down what they thought the picture was, I then told them something completely crazy like a hamburger or a spoon. They turned their heads and walked up to the pictures trying to see what I told them it was supposed to be. They really had fun with it. After we did that I then told them that there wasn’t a right or wrong answer to that either. I think you can do it without making anyone feel bad.
kbrown is offline   Reply With Quote