Help

BusyBoard

Bag to Carry Independent Reading Books

>

resource gal

Bag to Carry Independent Reading Books
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach 3rd and 5th graders literacy in the Resource Center. I've been trying to come up with a creative pouch to give students to keep my books and their reading logs clean once they leave my classroom and go home. I tried the Book Buddy plastic bags for the younger students, yet the plastic handle keeps breaking. I've also tried plastic envelopes with an extra compartment for the log and the main compartment for the book, yet the string strap broke off as well as the plastic part holding it in place tore. Anyone come up with any other ideas that seem to hold the weight of books, and lasts longer than three months?
Thanks for any ideas.

resource gal is offline   Reply With Quote

expertteacher

ReallyGoodStuff
Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Has book bags that are cloth and reasonably priced. I use these in my classroom. They are sturdy plus washable. You could write a grant on Donors Choose to get it paid for if your school can't get them for you.

If you don't want to spend money, you could just use a gallon sized Ziplock bag but you'll probably have the same issues you're having now.
expertteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

cloth bags
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can get those cloth bags (canvas, I think) at big stores .They have handles and are long lasting. I had purchased some years ago for take -home literacy bags. We even decorated some of them with fabric paints. Seems to me they were pretty reasonable priced.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote