Help

ARCHIVE

Survivor Theme Help

>

Blevinator

Survivor Theme Help
Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am doing a Suvivor Theme this year for my classroom. I have bought all of the decorations and "fun" things but I am now having a hard time "managing" the theme. I want to have tribal councils, rewards, and immunity however I want to minimize the amount of competition in my classroom and keep it positive. So, I didn't want tribal council to be a situation where students could be voted out of the tribe. How can I make tribal council a positive experience rather than a negative one? Also, anyone else that has done this theme, any other suggestions for how you set up the educational part of your theme would be great. Thanks!

Blevinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Nat

did you?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

scroll down, perhaps page 2 or three of the posts, there was a great thread about this theme...

and check the archives as well...I got some great ideas from there.

nat
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote

wowpatse

Survivor theme
Old 07-24-2006, 04:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

To keep your Survivor theme positive why not vote students "in" to the tribal council for the positive things they have done for others, decisions or choices. Students will strive to make better choices and make for a more positive class environment.
Suggestions: Immunity can be given to a student who showed good citizenship for the week.
Tribal council is held weekly? or whenever you decide to hold it.
Rewards can be given out as incentive to other students who didn't quite make the challenge and haven't made tribal council.
I would give them a weekly challenge to make students practice more positive traits: sharing, complimenting each other, random acts of kindness, etc.

At tribal council have the students give documentation by verbally mentioning when another has showed positive behaviors (challenges).
wowpatse is offline   Reply With Quote

Blevinator

Thank you
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you...all of your suggestions were very helpful and has helped lead me in the direction that I want to go with this theme. Thanks
Blevinator is offline   Reply With Quote

yoda

Tribal Council
Old 07-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

At the tribal council meeting they have a chance to nominate a teammate from their group to be "Ultimate Survivor" (similar to star student of the week). I will put all nominees from each tribe in a hat and draw one name. Qualifications for ultimate survivor will be completing homework and demonstrating good character/behavior.

yoda is offline   Reply With Quote