Help

Sixth Grade

6th Grade Geography

>

liebow6th

6th Grade Geography
Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi! I'm starting to move into Ancient Civilizations with my 6th grade class. This is my first year teaching and my bulletin board is in desperate need of a change. Is there a creative idea to decorate my board for this unit? Tx for any help you can give! :-)

liebow6th is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 01-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not sure if this would work, but what if you made a huge Venn diagram and used pictures of items to show what was something common to that time, and things that are common today. (Like, presumably there would be some overlap) Or you could have the kids come up with things only found/created in ancient civilizations and things only found/created in modern times and then things found during both time periods.
tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote

talgirl

Bulletin Board
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I recently switched my bulletin board for 6th grade S.S. I found the following acronym somewhere (maybe here):
G - geography
R - religion
A - achievements
P - political system
E - economy
S - socal structure

As we learn about each civilization students will be adding information to each category.

I also put a current map that shows the location of the civilization in the world today. We are currently learning about Ancient Mesopotamia so I have a map that shows Iraq. Hope this helps!
talgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

WildcatBarb85

Teaching Ancient Civilizations
Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There are some BB sets you can buy for the civilizations. I have found one for all but Greece. For Greece, I put up pictures that I bought at a teacher supply store and a timeline as well as word cards for the voc and people/gods/goddesses. I also do the GRAPES thing--it is on another wall. I think it is fun to put up different boards for each of the civilizations--but then, I like to do bulletin boards
WildcatBarb85 is offline   Reply With Quote