Help

BusyBoard

Positive outlook

>

kimmarie

Positive outlook
Old 07-29-2013, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What things are you doing to have a more positive outlook this school year?

With the change to ccss, nonsupportive admin, caddy coworkers, difficult parents and students i need to find a way to look at work in a more positive way and to minimize stress.

kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

coltsteacher

Putting myself first...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

At least 3 days a week.

I'm going to work out at least 3 times during the work week and schedule those first. Everyone else can schedule AROUND my life.

- Coltsteacher
coltsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Gr8Profession

Thank you notes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm trying to write more thank you notes this summer & this school year. Even for small things & gestures. It has helped me focus on the good and I know others appreciate the recognition. Today I even bought a small notebook for a colleague to say thanks for something she recently did. It just called out her name!
Gr8Profession is offline   Reply With Quote

TchMe

Be more organized
Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm going to try to be more organized, and hope that will help things go more smoothly.

I plan on making a crate with file folders, or even just baskets with folders, and a check off sheet to have the students turn in work so I don't have to hunt them down the day before grades are due.
I'm going to have a binder for contact with parents since that was an issue last year.
I want to spend more time on routines and expectations and sticking to my classroom management early on. I always seem to feel so rushed and pressured to start teaching. Hopefully that will alleviate many problems and much stress throughout the year.

Try looking up some inspirational teacher quotes and framing one or two for your room. This has helped to remind me why I go to work everyday, despite the drama and aggravation that sometimes get in the way!
TchMe is offline   Reply With Quote

expertteacher

The Four Agreements
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

A couple of years ago my principal shared this with the staff to try to help with candidness, parents, etc. I posted my copy in my room in a place where I could see it daily. This really helped me as I read and committed to each agreement.

The Four Agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Donít Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you wonít be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Donít Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

expertteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Positively positive
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I agree with Expertteacher. I read the Four Agreements this summer and decided to integrate them into my life. I have them posted on the fridge to remind myself and the family of the need to follow these "rules" for peaceful living. I also found on a Common Core website a beautiful copy of the agreements and plan to post this in my classroom.

Reading them will help me when I deal with difficult parents and situations during the year.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote