Help

BusyBoard

Interview ?

>

TeachChicago

Interview ?
Old 05-28-2015, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an interview scheduled for next week and I am having second thoughts about going in for the interview for the following reasons:

1. I don't want to start over again (I've only been in my school for 3 years now)
2. Job security (job is not for a classroom position)
3. Worried that they will contact my current admin and she will tell superintendent
4. Salary - I don't think it will be any more than I currently make. It could be less, but I'm not sure.
5. I have a lot of interesting and exciting projects next year that I am looking forward to (presenting at a national conference, attending another conference, being selected for a cohort)
6. I have a mostly awesome team. There was one person who was really mean to mean my first two years, but she has been much better and more respectful this year.
7. I will have to miss a training to go to the interview - not that big a deal, but I will have to lie about it, which I don't like.
8. I have worked really hard on writing curriculum this year and I won't be working with the units I wrote if I leave.

Here are some of the reasons I originally applied for the position:
1. position is only at one school (I'm at 4 now)
2. position is 5 minutes from my house

I guess I'm thinking I should just call and cancel instead of wasting everyone's time and risking them contacting my current administration. I also think it's a little selfish for me to waste a spot if I'm not interested in taking the position. Thoughts?

TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

My mindset
Old 05-28-2015, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've applied for jobs for next year and have been having second thoughts for the same reasons you mentioned. I've decided that what is meant to happen will happen and what is not, will not. That's my mindset right now. There are a lot of reasons I want to stay in my current job, but a lot of reasons I can't stay in my current district. I'm taking it as it comes. Maybe that's too trusting or superstitious, but that's how I'm looking at it, otherwise, I know will be trapped in this next year for sure, and that thought is bothersome. At least I tried...if it's meant to be, it's meant to be, and if it's not, it's not!

My advice is to go with the interview and worry about it as it comes. Easier said than done though.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemSped13

Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It sounds like you have a lot more positives to stay than negatives to go. However, I can relate to wanting to be closer and 4 schools would be really tough.

Think ahead to next year - will you be complaining about all the schools or happy to have all those projects going for you? Do you have the option to go down in schools in a year or two where you are now?

If you truly want to stay and won't regret it, then I'd cancel the interview since you'd have to feel bad missing a training. If you could miss easily and weren't totally sure, I'd say go and hear them out.

Good luck in your choice!
ElemSped13 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachChicago

Old 05-29-2015, 08:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for your advice! I think I am going to go and see what happens. If I don't, I might always regret it. I am going to try my best to avoid having them talk to my current admin. Who knows? They might not even be interested in me! I think it might look unprofessional if I cancel and I don't want to burn bridges.
TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote