Help

The Job Search

When does a posted job get taken down?

>

MemphisSub

When does a posted job get taken down?
Old 06-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A good way to gauge if you still have a chance is going back to the list and checking to see if the job is still there.

So, when does a posted job get taken down? Is it when they decide who to interview? After filling out a recommendation to HR? After notifying you that you are hired?

OR

After the contract has been signed and background check passed.

I figure this is a question that many have thought about. Thanks in advance for answering.

MemphisSub is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachChicago

Old 06-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In my district, the job positing is taken down after the candidate has accepted the job. It happens pretty quickly. The contract and background check usually happen after the posting is removed. We sometimes have to repost due to issues that may arise (candidate accepts another job or doesn't pass the background check).
TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

I think it really depends
Old 06-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think it really depends. I think it depends most on busy and up-to-date the school's technology is as a whole. I've seen schools who hardly ever update their websites, still having old faculty listed or wrong grade level assignments (due to changes that were never changed on the website). Honestly, I think the "withitness" of the tech. people!

When a certain time goes by and a job has been posted for awhile, the longer it's there, the less likely it's been filled. However, until I see it totally removed or hear that it was filled, I think the best/positively-that it's not filled!

Also, in my experience at least (and I know this varies by place), I have never seen a school board oppose hiring recommendations from higher ups. Now, I've seen our superintendent disagree with principal recommendations before the candidate would have gone to the board and even before the candidate has been notified, but I've never seen a candidate notified and it go to the board and the board not approve it.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There isn't a clear cut answer to this. I think most commonly jobs are taken down once the new employee is chosen and has accepted the job. Sometimes they'll take the job posting down at the close date (if they set one) or once they have started interviews.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 06-03-2015, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Most districts around me take down the job postings two weeks after they are put up. That being said most are also using some sort of software to manage the flow of job applications. If I apply for a job I can log back in and see my status.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote