Help

The Job Search

Really?!

>

ebfw33112

Really?!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had an awesome interview 2 weeks ago and the principal was excited to talk to me references and then hire me but they didn't have a job available.... until now. The principal emailed me and said that 1 out of 4 of my references have responded to her. I called my last school and my old principal said she left a message and her number. My AP said she would call, when I emailed the new P back and she said no one had called. That was as of 6 pm... REALLY? I know my old P left a message. What should I do? I'm thinking of calling the new P tomorrow afternoon and asking about it but I don't know what to say. I'M VERY FRUSTRATED! I don't want to sound annoying and not get the job.

ebfw33112 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachChicago

Old 06-02-2015, 04:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is super frustrating!! I would call and say exactly just what your old P told you. Someone is not being honest in this situation, but it is hard to know who. I think you should call to let them know that you are hearing conflicting answers and to find out if there is anything you can do to help the situation. I had a previous admin. never return a call and they would not offer the job until she spoke to them. I had not even used previous admin as a reference because I knew she was capable of doing something like this. Needless to say, I accepted a job somewhere else. Sorry you have to deal with this - that is ridiculous that someone is being unprofessional.
TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote