Help

BusyBoard

The grass is always greener....

>

TeachChicago

The grass is always greener....
Old 06-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just learned a big lesson in appreciation! I have been struggling this year with current admin (who is new). I was really close to my old admin and was upset when she left. My old admin kept telling me that there would be a position for me in her district. So I kept hoping and waiting all year long for the position. Needless to say, the position came up and I applied. Well then I was told they wouldn't even consider me because I would be working part time at my daughter's school. Then another position came up so I applied and got an interview. Since so much time had passed, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't really want the job because I didn't think it would be a good fit.

I spent hours getting everything together for the interview, wishing I had never applied in the first place. However, I didn't want to cancel because I thought that would look unprofessional. Soo...I had the interview today and confirmed that it would not be a good fit. I am so relieved the interview is over and I can now focus on my job. I think it made me realize that I should be happy with what I have. The grass is always greener on the other side....

TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-02-2015, 05:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

But it's good you went on the interview and confirmed. If it were me, had I not interviewed a part of me would have always wondered. Now you can focus on building a good (or at least better relationship) with your new P.

I'm curious, what made it a poor fit?
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Mr Sensai

Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The grass is greener sometimes because the grass is fertilized with poop
Mr Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachChicago

Old 06-05-2015, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Mr. Sensai: Ha! Ha!! I like that!

Greyhound Girl : I would have to work with Math and right now, my speciality is literacy. I also only have been at my current position for 3 years and feel like I finally have a good grasp of all the programs, teachers, etc and it would be hard for me to start all over again. We have also spent so much time writing curriculum and since I was one of the key contributors, I feel "attached" to it in some way. Admins come and go and my current admin will be retiring in a few years. I also did a salary comparison and don't think I'll be making as much money. I also think if I stay where I am at, I will be making more closer towards retirement.
TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

SmilingAtYou

Old 06-05-2015, 07:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Soooo true Mr. Sensai!!!!

SmilingAtYou is offline   Reply With Quote