Help

Social Studies

SMARTboard Activities

>

Linzothegreat

SMARTboard Activities
Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just received a call from my principal and he has purchased a smartboard for my room! This is quite the surprise considering there are only two other teachers in the district that currently have them and the school is only purchasing one for next year. Being that this is only my second year in the district I am a bit nervous about veteran teachers becoming upset but...I have used the technology while student teaching and loved them! Also, does anyone have any "fun" activities they use with the smartboard? I am a middle and high school history teacher.

Linzothegreat is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

good luck with the SB
Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I taught American History and World Geography last year. I uses it a lot to show mini-clips of history that I find on-line and to play interactive games...especially for mapping. Plus I have the kids create powerpoints and show them to the class. Do some searches for topics you are teaching and you will find a TON of already made things out there.

When I first started I just did movies and web-sites and then as I got more comfortable I crated my own material on the SB notebook and had the kids do more and more with it. I find that I use it all the time now, but I built my way up gradually to using it consistently
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

sunnyflower

Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use my Smartboard for interactive mapping. I also use the National Geographic website to practice locating countries. The game geospy is fun and the kids love "helping" their classmates locate the countries.

I also use it for powerpoint notetaking sessions. I have also scanned in articles and then used the highlighters to show literacy strategies.
sunnyflower is offline   Reply With Quote

AussieBird

Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Ther Smart Exchange has a lot of prepared history notebook files- just put in your chosen grade level and have a look around:

http://exchange.smarttech.com/search...s&region=en_US
AussieBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Hoartyo

Smartboard and history
Old 07-25-2011, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Have fun with your Smartboard - there are so many ways to use it. Google Earth is amazing, and there are so many ways to use it, i.e. showing latitude and longitude, identifying landmarks, etc. Also, I often make a Jeopardy game to review for tests. I also subscribe to Quia which allows me to make study games such as hangman, flashcards, matching, etc. the balloon pop game is another popular Smartboard activity that can be used for review. Visit the Smartboard Exchange for other ideas. Enjoy!

Hoartyo is offline   Reply With Quote