Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I need help

>

twinangels

I need help
Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM

I just spent the past two hours looking at Pinterest for education ideas. I need to stop thinking about school and just enjoy these last few weeks at home. When I'm at home, all I can think about is what I need to do at school. When I'm at school, all I can think about is what's not getting done at home.

twinangels is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss Sparkle

Old 07-07-2013, 11:55 AM

You are definitely NOT alone! I do the exact same thing. I don't have kids and hubs works during the day, so I tend to spend a lot of time working on school stuff.

I'm queen of the timer. I set them all the time. I give myself some time to do school work and when it goes off I work on a project around the house.
Miss Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

peggy27

Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM

I do the opposite of Miss Sparkle. I set a timer to clean for an hour but then I go for another hour. I have been going thru my school stuff too. I try to only do an hour or so. then I relax and look on Pinterest!!
peggy27 is offline   Reply With Quote

BettySpeller

Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 PM

I do the same thing as you so I understand. I hit the Staples sale today and now I'm thinking about going into my classroom this week when I have so much to do at home.
BettySpeller is offline   Reply With Quote

kimmarie

Me too
Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 PM

I have done all of the projects/updates that I can do myself at home. I am not to crafty or handy so that limits my likings to hobbies that others would find enjoyable.

I am constantly on PT and Pinterest, and I seem to be stressing myself from the worry of what I should do next school year, if I want to change anything I did previously, and how to obtain a better perception as a teacher from my students parents and administration.

I would love to just enjoy my summer with mindless activities and fun. Wish I had more friends that I was able to do stuff with. I do enjoy being by myself most of the time, but I seem to be wanting more interaction with others lately. I think I need to start planning out my days and putting myself on a schedule for the rest of the summer.

kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote