Help

The VENT

French Grade 5/6 websites to practice?

>

Expateach

French Grade 5/6 websites to practice?
Old 03-18-2020, 09:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am teaching Grade 5/6 French. Can anyone recommend free websites my students can use to practice French while schools are closed due to Covid-19?

Expateach is offline   Reply With Quote

tryingtoteach

Old 03-18-2020, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Duolingo is a great app
tryingtoteach is online now   Reply With Quote

Expateach

Old 03-18-2020, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks. I think you're right. I hope for some other ideas too though. Like games.
Expateach is offline   Reply With Quote

Room_916

Old 03-18-2020, 09:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello, I teach Spanish. I suggest that you look on Kahoot! You can assign Kahoot! as a homework challenge. You can get an account for free, I believe. For a slight fee I have an upgraded membership. You can assign one of your own Kahoots or use one that that has already been created. Make sure the kids put in a username that you will recognize. I allow my students to do each challenge as many times as they want. However, each time they do this they will need a new username. So Max will have to be Mx or Max2.0 or MaxS. You get the idea.
Kahoot! has been having issues with their website the last couple of days. Some of my students have been reporting to me that it keeps crashing.

I also strongly recommend Quizizz. I adore that site. It is extremely user friendly. Set up an account for free. Search for quizzes or create your own. Assign them to your students. This site automatically collects their email addresses. Since all of my students have a unique school email, I can see in the reports how each student did on each Quizizz that I have assigned. I cannot stress enough how much I adore this particular site. The kids like it as well because itís a game with redemptions, power ups, funny kid friendly memes, etc.

I also like Quizlet quite a bit. There are games the kids can play. Same as the other sites. Set up a free account. You can upgrade for a fee. I might look into that since we are now remote. At the moment I have a free account, so if my students do something on this site, the site doesnít save a report for me. Iím not sure if an upgraded account will do that or not.

I hope this helps. !Buena Suerte! Bonne Chance.
Room_916 is offline   Reply With Quote