Help

Physical Education

Elementary PE teachers

>

burpeeking

Elementary PE teachers
Old 06-28-2020, 03:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Have you and your school discussed a plan and how to implement this plan for the upcoming fall school year regarding PE classes...thanks

burpeeking is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherrina

Old 07-21-2020, 07:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

well PE classes can be safe if done outdoors and keeping distance from all students from one another
Teacherrina is offline   Reply With Quote

burpeeking

Old 08-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

anyone start school yet and are in person with your PE classes? How's that going?
burpeeking is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not a PE teacher, but I can tell you what ours is doing. My building split into 4 cohorts- K, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, and 5th-6th. Each cohort will have the same special every day for an entire quarter, so that specials teachers aren't cross contaminating the cohorts. They'll switch cohorts each quarter so that everyone still gets all of the specials.

PE is being held outside weather permitting. Weather is generally pleasant here so this should work out most days. In the winter it will be trickier (some days would be nice to go out, but not as many), but I think a lot of people are honestly speculating we won't still be in person during winter anyway.

If the class has to be held inside, they're not allowed to do any "vigorous" exercise because they don't want the kids breathing heavy in the same space, even though they'll be wearing masks. They're only allowed to do things like yoga, "mindfulness," and teaching of health standards. I know our PE teacher is really upset about that part, but what can you do?
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote