Help

BusyBoard

Student teachers not on campus

>

Sbkangas5

Student teachers not on campus
Old 08-10-2020, 09:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We just found out that our student teachers will not be allowed to be on campus with us at all. We are starting the year virtually, but are required to teach from school. All of our team meetings will be in person. There's still a ton of actual prep to do. I feel really bad as they are going to miss out on so much!

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Student teachers
Old 08-11-2020, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm guessing the reasoning is to limit the number of people on campus to help limit the spread/amount of germs brought it. However, I understand where you are coming from and think that if teachers are allowed in, student teachers should be too. There can't be that many. Hopefully you can video chat with your student teacher during team meetings and such. It still won't be the same, but it will be better than nothing.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 08-11-2020, 05:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My first reaction was...huh? Why not? They need to get the real experience.

Then I thought for a second and decided I wouldn't want some college kid in my classroom. I think college kids are going to be the breeding ground for Corona!
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

readandweep

University made the call?
Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Maybe their university made the call that they can't go into schools, especially of they are still taking classes on campus or have cohorts that meet in person?
readandweep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-11-2020, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Yes, it was the university that dictated it. Although they are taking most classes online. But the really weird thing is that if we do get to go back in person they still won't be allowed on campus. How is that going to work? Oh, it's not.

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My niece's SO's cousin is in her senior year of school and should be doing her student teaching. Her school isn't allowing for student teaching to be done this semester. But one bright note is she will be tutoring my grandniece since her school district is virtual.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
Then I thought for a second and decided I wouldn't want some college kid in my classroom. I think college kids are going to be the breeding ground for Corona!
I totally agree. I think it's laughable that all of these colleges are putting in crazy precautions like only having one student per dorm room and trying to enforce social distancing all of the time. I mean, I guess they have to cover their butts by having policies, but do they really think college students living in dorms are going to social distance? No way. Most people are dumb at that age and think they are invincible. I've taken this whole thing very seriously, but at that age I would have been going to parties without a second thought- especially living on campus where I didn't have to worry about potentially spreading it to older relatives or anything like that.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote