Help

ARCHIVE

Is my welcome letter too long???

>

mnceriley

Is my welcome letter too long???
Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My welcome letter and classroom information packet is 5 pages!!! Is this too long? I don't want to scare all the parents!!! How long is yours and what do you include?

Thanks!

mnceriley is offline   Reply With Quote

Wrigley

One Page
Old 07-24-2008, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is my third year teaching, and my last two letters have only been one page long. However, I do give my parents a Patent Pack that is about 10 pages long. It includes my rules and procedures.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote

schoolbells

Welcome Letter
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I question the length of my welcome letter and classroom information packet every year. Last school year, I sent the welcome letter home with students explaining that more information was forthcoming during Back-to-School Night.

The procedures and rules were discussed with students so that they knew expectations. I then sent home a copy of the classroom rules and parent contact information sheet.

During Back-to-School Night, I handed out the complete information packet. My goal was not to have parents with information overload, but to provide information incrementally. This seemed to work better than in past school years. Hope this helps.
schoolbells is offline   Reply With Quote

jbug

Does it include
Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

rules, behavior rewards and consequences, grading and homework procedures, etc? If so, I don't think it is too long.

What I did my first year was to send a one page "welcome" letter, telling parents in the days to come, (within the first week), they would also receive information on class procedures, etc. Then I would send one or two pages home on brightly colored paper.

Last year, I stapled all of them together and sent them all at once, with a sheet for the parent to sign and return that stated "I have read and understand .......".
jbug is offline   Reply With Quote