Help

Retired Teachers

Retirement attire

>

Cat woman

Retirement attire
Old 12-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My sister recently retired (not from teaching, but she is gleeful none the less ) and I am semi retired. I was at her house yesterday helping her with some holiday preparations and we were discussing how our clothes shopping has changed. She commented that her daily attire now is comfy pants and a sweatshirt and probably doesnít need anything too much more fancy an a day to day basis. I laughed because I told her I felt I got a bit dressed up to go to her houseó put on some jeans and a new LLBean cowl neck sweatshirt

Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 12-23-2018, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My retired friends and I had our monthly 3 hour breakfast this past week. We all had on jeans and commented how our wardrobe is usually lounge pants and a t-shirt or sweatshirt.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

Oh-snap54

Old 12-23-2018, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I cannot wear anything around my middle that has anything but elastic. Perfect for retirement. I was made for this.
Iím not really retired as we run a farm and provide childcare but still itís retirement as I wear what I want. New Balance shoes without a doctors note. (I swear I worked at a school that made it mandatory to wear dress shoes unless we had a doctorís note) (Our union took care of that!)
Oh-snap54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

I Hear Ya!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My wardrobe since fall has been my New Balance shoes, comfy jeans, flannel shirts from Duluth Trading (LOVE 'EM!), or light denim shirts.
Beach Glass is online now   Reply With Quote

bobcat

Shopping
Old 12-23-2018, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It's just not much fun to shop anymore! I used to love buying clothes and shoes for work. Now I'm in sweats and sneakers most of the time. Now when I put on jeans and boots, I feel dressed up!😜

bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 12-23-2018, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My wardrobe has changed a lot since I retired. I wore dressy clothes to work but now I wear mostly leggings, athletic tops and running shoes or a pair of slip on sneakers. If I go out at night I will wear boots, jeans and perhaps a sweater. Much more casual now unless I have a dressy event. Then I am just a click away from ordering something!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 12-23-2018, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My daily wardrobe is either black jeans or sweats, a t-shirt or turtleneck depending on season, and athletic shoes. When I meet friends for lunch or go oh I generally wear black jeans or dress slacks, anLLBean shirt or turtleneck, and black shoes or sandals. I always wear earrings, a watch, and my medical alert bracelet. (I got rid of every dress and skirt when I retired.)
ZipLine is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Much more casual, here...
Old 12-23-2018, 03:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have to stop myself from buying cute skirts, dresses, and the shoes that would go with them. I did buy a floral skirt from QVC and I did get to wear it to our monthly teacher luncheon. We went to a fancier place than usual, so it was perfect. I shopped at Talbots a lot this holiday season, and i had to steer myself away from anything that would have been a dressier look for teaching. I wear jeans or leggings now with the tops I wore with the bottoms for work. I still have a closet full of the dressier things, but have not parted with them yet. After all, I have only been retired 6 months.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 12-23-2018, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Got rid of most of my teacher clothes. I live in sweats or yoga pants with a multitude of school t shirts. We got a new one every year. And flip flops. My feet donít remember what shoes are
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Live in central Texas
Old 12-23-2018, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

where we rarely get cold weather plus I am hot natured. So if I am home for the day I am wearing blue jean shorts and a simple tee. It is comfortable and inexpensive. I have a new hobby and dabble in arts and crafts. So if I ruin my clothes somehow it is no big deal.

If we go out somewhere casual I wear jeans. That is almost dressed up!

I love being casual and comfortable all the time.

1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 12-23-2018, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I love clothes! I love shopping! I have tons of cute clothes in 3 closets and 2 dressers. And since I moved here in March I rarely wear any of them and hardly do any shopping.

I wear exercise clothes every day for my walks and don’t usually change until jammie time. I am soooooo comfortable.

I went to a cocktail party last week and had so many choices of what to wear. And I’d better look good on Christmas.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

clothes
Old 01-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I love reading these replies. I, too, wear mostly comfortable clothes now.

Quote:
I love clothes! I love shopping!
I'm the exact opposite. I dislike going into stores and malls. One of my retired friends is the ultimate bargain shopper (of high-end clothing) and knows every store in a 100-mile radius. She always has the cutest outfits, and so do her daughters. I went shopping with her once, and swore never to do so again. For my friend it seemed to be an Olympian-level endurance sport, but the relentless pursuit of that ultimate perfect bargain was overwhelming to me. My idea of shopping is perusing websites, but I only buy when I really need something. My mantra since retiring has been "is this a need or a want?"
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

LuBelle

Skinny Jeans and sweater, dress attire
Old 01-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Usually I throw on leggings, a Nike or Under Armor T shirt, my Nikes or Asics when I get up. Then I head for yoga or exercise. I run errands after going to the grocery store, post office, or wherever i need to go. Come home. Sometimes I wear those clothes all day. If we are meeting friends, I'll shower and put on a nice pair of jeans and a cute top. That's pretty much my wardrobe. I keep leather pants, skirts, black jeans, and a few dresses for special occasions. Once I really dressed up for an occasion and no one recognized me! They're used to seeing me in exercise class mode. Not my best look, but I'm happy!
LuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote