Help

Retired Teachers

Obnoxious neighbors

>

Oh-snap54

Obnoxious neighbors
Old 12-23-2018, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our neighbor with a travel trailer right up next to the property line and five ratty storage buildings also one inch from our property line is so upset we put in a new fence.

He had been shoving stuff under our barbed wire fence, tossing trash over, and generally being a jerk, teasing our dogs etc.

We took $6.000.00 and put up a fence with four inch netting to keep his stuff on his own side and so we could let our livestock graze.
He actually called us to ask why we did that and when exactly we were going to let our livestock loose to graze. I said:”whenever we get around to it.”

He’s been behaving in an intimidating manner ever since he moved in. I have installed surveillance cameras also because I’m reasonably sure his buildings with grow lights aren’t growing philodendrons and he isn’t licensed to grow pot. The electric company has already investigated.

His family has a history of being bullies and his brother bilked an elderly lady out of her land. That isn’t happening here! I thought about moving but no, I’m standing my ground! I’ve already had to gently confront our meth head neighbors about shooting firearms continuously. That has stopped.

I hate to be grumpy old lady but sometimes you have to be. I always do it with a smile though.

I’d take a photo of our neighbors homestead but you’d all be jealous.

Oh-snap54 is offline   Reply With Quote

anansi

Old 12-23-2018, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

He sounds like a real tool. Bullies can be terrifying, especially if they drink or have handguns. Not sure what state youíre in, but are the police aware of how menacing he has been? Please be careful and let us know how it all turns out.
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote

Oh-snap54

Old 12-23-2018, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We live in such a small town we know his parents and relatives. They arenít violent people just crooks. We have put a locking gate up as well. Thankfully he isnít into guns!

Oh-snap54

Old 12-23-2018, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I went to school with his uncle and he was a creepy little jerk.

1956BD

Bad Neighbors are such a pain
Old 12-23-2018, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am sorry you have to put up with someone like this. Good luck in winning the battle. You are right to stand your ground.

1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

I wuld think that
Old 12-24-2018, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

his trailer is not legally parked and perhaps the sheds are in violation also. Most towns have ordinances that stipulate how far from the property line an owner can have buildings and trailers. It is usually at least 10" to several feet.

I know he is a rash unreasonable man, but you may still want to check. Your town may inform him and demand that he move his storage sheds, rather than you having to face off with him.
chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Oh-snap54

Old 12-24-2018, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We live out of town and there are no ordinances. Usually common sense prevails and people generally put their dwelling in the center of the property. Or at least leave a buffer zone.

I strongly suspect he will be offering it up for sale within the year. The previous owner didnít ever come around so it has been adjustment .

Itís all good. Heís been very quiet so the fence has done itís job. We also donít have to worry about predators or stray dogs anymore.