Help

The VENT

This is horrible!

>

MiddleMan

This is horrible!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I don't know if there are any rules against twitter links. A Lunch lady was fired for paying for low income kids to eat out of her own check. It's against the "rules", but I personally would have let it slide. She's helping the kids who can't afford to eat so her being fired was way over the top.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...54621404356609

MiddleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

Unrighteous
Old 04-14-2017, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If there is no conflict of interest, I can't see why she should've been fired for what appears to be something humane. Because she obtained no clearance/approval, I can see why she was let go. It's unfair but it's about following protocol. No good deed goes unpunished I hope she continues helping people somehow.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tiamat

Old 04-14-2017, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It's her money that she earnt by her own work. She can spend it any way she chooses.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 09:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Well, from the stories about this situation, it doesn't sound like she was fired for "paying" for low-income kids and her grandchildren. It sounds like she was fired for "borrowing" money that hadn't exactly been lent to her.

You can't take from someone else's pocket without them knowing and make it okay by sticking an IOU in its place. It sounds to me like, if she had actually paid for the meals right then with her actual money, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Her heart may have been in the right place, but she was technically temporarily stealing from her employer.
0123456 is offline   Reply With Quote

SpeedLimit62

Old 04-15-2017, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I don't know how to feel about this.. her heart was in the right place for sure BUT she should have followed policy. The truth is I eat cheese sandwiches often.. I'm sure they also get milk or something. I don't know it's not like they weren't being fed. I think it was because she wasn't following policy. Is it right to fire her, no.. but should she be writing IOU's .. no.

It used to be okay to steal a loaf of bread if you needed it.. What happened to this world.

SpeedLimit62 is offline   Reply With Quote