Help

Resource Teacher

inservice ideas

>

maryg408

inservice ideas
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have to prepare and present a one hour p.d. on writing for a course I am taking. The presentation will also be used at my school on our next inservice day. If anyone has been to or given a good inservice on writing I would appreciate any tips you can provide. I am having trouble narrowing down my topic. We use 6&1 Traits and have had several inservices related to the traits. Some teachers still don't incorporate 6&1. Some use 6&1 and writers workshop effectively, but some don' t use either effectively. Suggestions would be welcome.

maryg408 is offline   Reply With Quote

readerabbit

fiction vs non fiction
Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Discuss how you prepare your thinking differently when writing fiction compared to non fiction. But at the same time show what common elements that one must have. Many times in writing student get the idea that everything has to be a fairy tale story,
Show how you can still have plot, setting if you write a non fiction piece. Even in letter writing ....writing to a non fiction person such as the troops overseas compared to wrting a letter to a character in a story that is fiction.
readerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote