Help

Resource Teacher

Resource Teacher

>

lilcupcake708

Resource Teacher
Old 09-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Right now I am student teaching in a 3-5th SDC class, but I am considering becoming a resource teacher after I am done. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what a day is like for a resource teacher.
Thanks!

lilcupcake708 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lisa2

resource
Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach elementary resource. I create my own schedule depending on my students needs. So every day/year is different. I have small groups of students that I pull out for reading, writing and math. So I work with them on reading or math programs that our district have chosen for resource teachers. They come and go throughout the day depending on the schedule. I also have kids come in and get extra help with certain classwork if they need it. I also evaluate and create iep's for students that are both coming into the program, and students who are in the program and being re-evaluated. Hope this helps!!
Lisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

veronicaj

a day in the life of a resource teacher
Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would suggest you ask teachers who are teaching in your area this question. I have always taught in Oregon and always resource. My job duties have only varied slightly, but I've always been in the same metro area. One of my friends has taught here, Boise, ID, and now in New Hampshire. Her experience has been widely different in each location.
veronicaj is offline   Reply With Quote