Help

Resource Teacher

Using Language! for reading instruction

>

taylorsgirl

Using Language! for reading instruction
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like to hear from other teachers if you have used Language! and what your results were. We used it last year and are not sure if we need to implement it again. Did you supplement the reading with other programs? Just need more information as to how other people are using it. Thanks for your help!

taylorsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

spedkidsrock

Old 08-18-2011, 02:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've known other teachers who have tried L!. They've said it's more difficult w/o the training and they stopped b/c they didn't feel comfortable with it. I'm not sure you'd get stellar results with any supplemental program the first year you use it. If you could get the training, stick with L!, it's a pretty solid research based program. I think you need to find something and stay with it. Especially if you are teaching yourself the program. Once you realize the pro/con of any program. You'll be better prepared as you progress.
spedkidsrock is offline   Reply With Quote

WA.teacher

Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi!
Our district bought it new and gave us 3 training days, which were helpful. We've been REALLY trying to implement it into our 5th grade reading but I feel it's too low for them. So I've decided to try using it with my 4th graders (all are at about a 3.0 grade level) and see how that works. Overall, I think it's very repetitive and find it boring with the older kids. I supplement w/Read Well 2 for comp and fluency.
WA.teacher is offline   Reply With Quote