Help

Resource Teacher

High school special ed forms

>

queen45

High school special ed forms
Old 09-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a form that they like that is used to organize student information? I am looking for something (chart) to give to high school teachers that shows accommodations and pertinent information that classroom teachers need.

queen45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

Don't you provide a copy of the IEP
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

to all teachers who interact with the student? I thought it was a Federal Law for that to occur so I assumed other schools did too.

Any way, we do. So when I copy the IEP for them, I put the cover page first, the accommodations/modifications pages next, goals pages next, then the remaining pages in order.

I deliver it to them and make them sign a receipt that they got it and know it is confidential and needs to be treated accordingly.

Last edited by Lottalove; 09-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: sounds snotty unintentionally
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

queen45

Old 09-05-2010, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes, I do all the things you mentioned. I just thought it would be nice for me and all high school teachers to have a grade level chart showing all testing accommodations and modifications so that it could be used as a reference. Just wondering if this is necessary or just more work on my part. I am new to high school. Elementary is completely different.
queen45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

Oh, I think I understand now...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

do you mean a simplified summary like a page or two long to wrap up the 15+/- pages of the IEP in a user-friendly format?

Or like--we once had an inservice for the gen ed teachers that explained the difference between accommodations and modifications and gave examples of each. Is that what you mean? well, except in written form?

Either of those would be a great idea. There was a form offered on here a while back with the summary page option. I will see if I can find it again.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote