Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Tattle Turtle

>

Ms.Cheryl

Tattle Turtle
Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love the idea of getting a stuffed turtle for the students to tell their tattles to. Build a Bear has a very cute stuffed turtle and I'm thinking about getting it along with a white tee shirt and ironing the words "Tattle Turtle" on it.

For a little bit extra money I can get a personalized sound chip but I can't decide on what I would want it to say. I've thought about putting: "Thank you for telling me your tattle. Let me know if you have any more problems." What do you think? What would you put in the sound chip if you had a Tattle Turtle?

Cheryl

Ms.Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Oh thats completely cute. Our pre-k teacher has a bear for that but I forget what cute name she gave it. But I love the idea of Tattle Turtle even better! I think what you have for the sound chip is great. Or even just "Thanks for sharing!" (or a more sarcastic, "thanks for leaving your teacher ALONE!" ha ha)

What a completely cool idea you have there.
PPCDTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

vbubbles1874

Old 06-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't have anything that fancy, but I had a tattle monster (sully from monsters inc.). I already drew out a Sheriff to put up for my western theme. I am so tired of tattling. It's the small stuff that gets me. "She got off her mat" and "he touched his plate before blessing". Just stuff like that. I am so ready for school to be out.
vbubbles1874 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsPreschool

Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Funny, funny story from today!!

I got soooooo tired of the kids tattleing today that when the millionth tattle of day happened...I looked at the little girl and said go over to the quiet corner and tell the teddy bears. So...(being very obedient) she walked over to the quiet corner and opened her mouth as to speak to the teddy bears, shut her mouth, shook her head and walked away from the quiet corner.

It was sooo funny!!! I will definitely use this tactic next year! I'll name the bears "The Tattle Teddys".

Thanks for the comic relief today...if I wouldn't have been reading these posts daily...I never would have gotten a break from the tattleing today!!
MrsPreschool is offline   Reply With Quote

Wise1

Too Cute!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love the tattle turtle idea and I will definately use that next school yr! Right now I usually have them tattle to our stuffed animals because it drives me nuts! "She turned around in her chair", "He's not standing in the white square", " She almost hit me"! Aghhhh!

Wise1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jwlsgr8

Tattle Turtle
Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I like your saying!!! I may have to get that for next year beacuse I've been dealing with tattle tailing allll day, everyday.... If I do get one, I think mine would say,
Wow?! Really?! Thanks for telling me that!!! By the way, Keep the tattles coming!
Jwlsgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

NCP

Tattle Turtle
Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

A few years back I did this also and I just painted a rock with acrylic paints to make the turtle. I found a nice round rock that was about 3 pounds. I liked it because the kids couldn't pick it up, and it was cheap! Plus it didn't encourage kids to want to play with it therefore making up things to tattle about.
NCP is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 06-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

You people are brilliant.
I am thinking, that since I have children who like to throw fits and are not yet very verbal, I am going to make a tattle turtle or tattle teddy for the kids who want to pitch a fit when their being ornery. They can put on their little performance for the teddy or the turtle instead of me.

emmasmimi

Old 06-10-2008, 06:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

You all are the most creative teachers anywhere! I am doing a bear theme and will definitely have a Tattle Teddy in my room next year. How clever!!!
emmasmimi is offline   Reply With Quote

AddieJ

love it!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I love the tattle turtle idea! In my kdg room, I put up a picture of an elephant with big ears on the wall by our quiet corner and tell my students to go and tell their tattles to "Ellie the Always Listening Elephant." I wanted to add a journal to "write" about it too but the kids went to the elephant so well and it didn't take much time; I thought the journal might just prolong the process. But when two students had a real conflict with each other, they have to go through the "apology of action" steps (from responsive classroom.) that takes a little more time but in the end, everyone feels better.

I think your sound clip would work great. One other similar option is, "Hi, my name is Tattle Turtle. Thanks for sharing your troubles with me."

Here's what another teacher uses (look under classroom management tips):
http://www.kidscount1234.com
She calls him Bobby Big Mouth! Too cute!

AddieJ is offline   Reply With Quote

bucket

Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I love this idea. I think I may have to give my turtle a different name though. Our district has a big No Bullying campaign. Part of it is that teachers are not allowed to tell children not to tattle. The idea being that children who are being bullied are not tattling, they are letting the adult know that they are being bullied. It is such a fine line between what is tattling and what is reporting. But in my room we definately need a friend to tell all those troubles to!
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Not allowed to tell kids not to tattle...wow.

Okay... how about... "Bully Buddy"?

or actually... maybe you're not allowed to say "bully" because that might not sound right either.
hmmm....
ladyks22

ladyks22

love the ideas
Old 08-18-2008, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I had an ear I had painted on a large sheet of paper and hung on the wall.Since we are a christian school, I told the kids to tattle in the ear and GOD would hear them It worked and was funny when you would see one go to the ear and start chatting.

bookworm86

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

You just gave me a great idea! I'm doing a frog theme...so I'm going to have a "Tattle Tadpole!"
bookworm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Anna Young

Anna Young

Don't Squeal Unless its a Big Deal
Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I have read this book to my 4th graders 2 years in a row-- While it is a little young for them it opens up a discussion about when it is important to tell the teacher about something that has happened.

The book is cute --

Anna

Eryn

Tattle Turtle
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

For my fourth graders I am using the Drama Llama. My poem won't rhyme but that is ok.
Eryn is offline   Reply With Quote