Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Art auction

>

sk

Art auction
Old 06-08-2007, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are holding an auction to sell children's artwork as a fundraiser. We also have some local artists donating pieces of work to sell. Each child needs to submit 1 - 2 pieces of artwork. Any good ideas for some effective art for Years 4/5?

sk is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs D

4 & 5 year old art
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do a lot of crayon resist with my 4 and 5 year olds. For example, we will read Rainbow Fish together and then the children will draw a picture of the rainbow fish in crayon (pressing hard, but not so hard the crayon snaps) then will will watercolor over it to create the ocean. We even add glitter when we are done for the sparkly scales. This idea can be adjusted for other ideas as well.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote

jillywilly75

Great idea for you
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is a beautiful art project for any age! I've always called them MON GONS because a book I would read by that title was a great lead into this lesson. A child is dreaming of owning their own pet. Using his/her imagination they would create different pets that were half MONster and half draGON...voila! MONGON!

By taking a piece of paper and folding it in half (either direction will work) have the student drop a few dots of tempera paint on the paper, not too close to the edges though or it will ooze out. They close the paper and rub it, then open it. It will of course be a symmetrical design. They can add more color and repeat the process. I usually have my students do three colors...too many and you begin to lose the shapes. It really looks cool. Cool enough that usually my parents want to get in on the fun.

You of course could call your project anything you would like. I have my students look at their "Mongons" and then write a short story below on what it looks like to them. You will get many "butterflies and bugs"
also some funny "faces." Have fun!
jillywilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs D

Another idea
Old 06-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I also do something along the same lines as the previous post. Another version of it is string pulls. Have the children fold their paper in half and then open it. Next they will coat a string with a color of paint and lay it on one side of their paper. Close the paper and gently hold it closed while pulling the string out. Can be messy, but also can create interesting designs based on the different angles the string is pulled from. I will keep trying to think of more.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote